Frequently Asked Questions for JPP:
Do you offer printable digital negatives for sale?
- The answer is yes. We offer full resolution, printable digital negatives individually and in a complete package for purchase (see our mini and full Digital Collections). Our work is viewed as keepsake art, meant to be enjoyed in timeless wall pieces or in our heirloom image boxes and albums. Our focus is to provide the highest-quality archival products so you can enjoy your memories 20 years from now just as you will today.
I want to book a shoot but would like to pay for it at a later time. Can I do that?
- All session fees and travel fees are due at time of booking. Refer to our pricing section for session fees and travel fees.
Uh oh! Something came up and we need to cancel our shoot. Is this possible?
- Absolutely! Our session fees are meant to hold your session date and time, and are non-refundable. However, you can definitely reschedule your session, if need be! Just note that we require 24 hour advance notice to reschedule sessions for personal reasons, or if you fail to arrive at your designated session location within 15 minutes of your scheduled session. If less than 24 hour notice is given, we require a $50 rescheduling fee to hold a new spot on our calendar for your photo shoot and/or your viewing and ordering session, held at our home studio in Thousand Oaks, CA. Cancellations or Rescheduling for a second time will automatically incur a $50 fee (regardless if called within the 24 hour window).
I’ve never done a professional photo shoot before! What does it entail?
- Not to worry! I’m honored that you chose me to take your pictures! Photo sessions are surprisingly straightforward. You get to choose the location of your session-generally one of our favorites – Thousand Oaks Library, Paramount Ranch, Westlake Village Inn, Malibu Beach, Newbury Park hiking trails, or the natural beauty of Old Agoura. Jennings Paige is also open to shooting in other locations -please ask us to e-mail you our full information and investment guide if you’d like full details). Upon arrival at your appointed session, Jennings will find you and walk you through the whole process, including what to wear, how to sit or stand and when to tickle torture your children or throw them in the air. Just get there and expect to have loads of fun! Full sessions generally last 45-90 minutes; mini sessions generally last 20-30 minutes.
We made it to the shoot and had our pictures taken by Jennings. How to we preview or order our images?
- Approximately 1 week after the shoot, one of our helpful office staff will call, text or e-mail you to set up a viewing and ordering appointment at the JPP home studio. Our address is 133 Larkhill Street, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360. At the appointment, one of our expert salespersons will present your images to you on a large screen slideshow set to music. After you narrow your favorites from your not-so-favorites (none of them are bad photos, we promise) we will then help you choose images, give you ideas on what you can do with your images. We can design canvas or framed print room displays, show you your photos in actual size on the screen, design keepsake albums or image boxes with you and take any minor retouching requests you might have for your ordered images. You will view approximately 25-35 retouched images from a full session and 12-16 retouched images from a mini session. From there, select the prints and/or collection(s) you would like from our product menu. Finalize your order, get a receipt, wait for your beautiful products to arrive and get packaged up like beautiful gifts. If you would like to preview our current full product menu, Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805.490.1180.
When can we set up an ordering appointment?
- We generally hold viewing and ordering appointments Monday-Thursday and some weekend days. We can schedule your viewing and ordering appointment anytime between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. based on availability. If you’d like to schedule your viewing and ordering appointment when you book your photo session, just let us know a date and time that works for you and we will try our best. We ask that all decision-makers be present at the appointment, as there is a $50 fee to have a repeat ordering appointment (your first appointment is included with your session). Children are always welcome to come along for viewing and ordering appointments, however, we have found they can be distracting to parents at times and may be better off with a babysitter while you decide on your custom artwork with our helpful staff.
When I got home from the ordering session, I decided that I wanted to cancel some items. Can I do that?
- As is written in our company policies and due to the custom nature of portrait photography, all sales are final once your order form has been reviewed and signed in person. We cannot offer exceptions to this policy.
I really like the pictures! However, I think we need some more help in Photoshop. What are our options?
- No worries! Complimentary minor editing is available upon request for any purchased images. Extensive retouching (head-swapping, etc.) will incur a $25 fee per image.
I ordered a package. When will we get our products? And where do we pick them up?
- Products will be available for pick up or delivery within 2-4 weeks at the Thousand Oaks studio location. One of our friendly office staff will give you a call when all of your products are packaged and ready, so you can swing on by to pick them up whenever it’s convenient for you. Shipping is also available. Client pays actual shipping costs. Digital negatives can be delivered via Dropbox on your computer to enjoy as soon as your digital images have been paid in full and any artistic changes have been made. A reproduction release is included with all high resolution digital negatives, allowing you to print your images as large as you life, as often as you life, for life.
How long do you keep our images on file?
- Digital negatives will be archived for one year for full sessions and 30 days for mini sessions.
We love the pictures that you took of our family! However, we saw that you posted a picture you took of my family on your website. I hope it’s OK that we copied those pictures to our Facebook?
- Yes! Feel free to share your JPP logo-stamped images on Facebook or other social media outlets, tag yourselves and show off your gorgeous family as much as you like. All we ask is that you keep our logo and artwork intact and do not make unlawful prints of our images. While I am thrilled when clients love my work, it is unlawful to copy or scan any images without permission of the photographer. Even though the pictures may be of you or your child, the photographer still owns the copyright to the image. The photographer retains the copyright and ownership of all images of the photo session and reserves the right to reproduce images for portfolio, studio display, gallery display, website, photo contests, etc. Please do not copy images you have not purchased. Printing or scanning images from my website, or any other materials is considered stealing, regardless of the intent for use.
Do you have a model release form?
- Yes we do! Take a look:
- I hereby grant permission that I the Parent(s)/Guardian(s) to be photographed and grant permission to photograph the child/children in which the images from the photo shoot to be used in different mediums/media formats i.e. Websites, press, advertisements, printing or any other media publication and I understand that the images may be altered or modified in any manner. By consenting to a photo session with Photographer Jennings Paige, I hereby grant permission for myself and my family members to be photographed. I hereby grant permission to allow the owner of the images (Jennings Paige Photography) to use the digital images in any mediums/media formats i.e. Websites, press, advertisements, printing or any other media publication.
Do you have an information guide that has more detail about Jennings Paige Photography sessions, location and product pricing?
- Why, yes, we do! Feel free to call or text (805) 490-1180 anytime, or shoot us an email at email@example.com. We will gladly e-mail you our detailed information guide.